RESEO, the European Network for Opera and Dance Education, is thrilled to launch its new "Opera for Young Audiences" Award. Promoting collaboration and cross-arts diversity, RESEO is joining Jeunesses Musicales International's YAMA Awards initiative. The RESEO prize, aiming at promoting creation in the field of opera for young audiences, seeks to give the floor to this innovative genre, supporting the creation of new work (new libretto and/or composition). Productions shall be selected on the grounds of composition, libretto, process, theme/ content, staging and innovation. Productions for all age groups (birth to young adults) shall be taken into account.
Finalists were selected by an international jury: http://reseo.org/article/reseo-jury-members-opera-young-audiences.
On 12-13 September, the international jury with very diverse professional backgrounds met in Brussels to watch and listen to the productions. One production was chosen unanimously by all, and the lucky winner was announced at a prize ceremony which was held at Norrlands Opera in Umeå (SE) on November 7.
We are thrilled to announce the winner of the 2014 RESEO Opera for Young Audiences Award: The Tempest - a Tale of Miranda and Ferdinand (Stormen - forteljinga om Miranda og Ferdinand) Norwegian National Opera & Ballet.
Applications for the 2015 YAMA Award shall be launched in May 2015. The winning production shall be selected and announced in Autumn 2015.
For specific questions on the RESEO Award Opera for Young Audiences, please contact RESEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rue Léopold 23
1000 Brussels- Belgium
Tel: +32 2 217 6817
- Stop listening start screaming - Junge Oper Stuttgart (DE)
- Siegfried et l'anneau Maudit - Ensemble Justiniana (FR)
- Canti d'Amor II - Muziektheater Transparant (BE)
- Gulliver, Lilliput aller-retour - Jeune Opéra Compagnie (JOC) (CHE)
- Hur lange ska hon vara dod? (For how long will she be dead?) - Ann-Christin Wesser Ingels (SWE)
- The Town Musicians from Bremen fairy-tale opera - Hungarian National Philarmonic (HUN)
- The discovery of Brazil - Foco Musical (PRT)
- Marguerite - A fairy tale opera in Three Acts - Gunnsteinn Olafsson (ISL)
- Captain Blood's Revenge - Lucy Lowe (UK)
- Chat perche, opera rural - Daniel Sultan (FR)
- Le paradis des chats - Opera Theatre (CHE)
- Sindbad - A journey through living flames - La Monnaie-De Munt Brussels, Royal Opera House of Belgium (BE)
- Robert le Cochon et les kidnappeurs - Opera Comique (FR)
- Prinses Turandot / Princesse Turandot - Walpurgis vzw (BE)
- Stormen - forteljinga om Miranda og Ferdinand - The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet (NOR)
- Tusen och en natt -Arabian Nights - Malmo Opera (SWE)
- Operation: Florence - Perspektivart Association (HUN)
- Anatomia do piano (anatomy of the piano) - Companhia de musica teatral (PRT)
- Seeing and reading, reading and seeing: the Hippopotamus - Foco Musical (PRT)